Saturday, August 12, 2023

The Power of One
Art Cloth

Marie-Therese Wisniowski


Preamble
On this blog spot there are posts that center on my “Wearable Art” (e.g. scarves, digital or analogue created fabric lengths etc.) For your convenience I have listed these posts below.
A Selection of My Scarves
Leaves Transformed: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
My New Silk Rayon Velvet Scarves@Purple Noon Art And Sculpture Gallery
My Fabric Lengths@QSDS
My Fabric Collection:"Oh, Oh Marilyn and Mona!"@Spoonflower
2013 Australian Craft Awards – Finalist
My Scarves@2014 Scarf Festival: "Urban Artscape" Pashminas
My New Scarves and Fabric Lengths
New Range of Silk Neckties - Karma and Akash
AIVA: My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
New Colorways For My 'Cultural Graffiti' Fabrics
Byzantine Glow: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Wall Flower: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Ink Fern - A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Celebratory Fireworks
My New Silk ArtCloth Scarves
New ‘Unique State’ Silk ArtCloth Scarves
UBIRR - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Renaissance Man - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Banksia - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Ginkgo Love - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Garden Delights I & II - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Wallflower III - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Rainforest Beauty - Collection My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Spring & Autumn Flurry Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
La Volute Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Urban Butterfly - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
Acanthus Dream - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
“Cascading Acanthus” - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed 'Rainforest Beauty' Pashmina Wraps Collection
My ArtCloth Tea Towels: A New Collection of Digitally Designed Products
Through the Land it Roared . . . ArtCloth Shawl
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed ‘Urban Codes - Series 1’ Collection
Urban Moonlight - My Post Graffiti Doily
My New Hand Printed Fabric Design - "Morocco" ArtCloth
‘Vine Glow’
“Bush Banksia’s” Collection"
Releasing My New - ‘Unique State’ ArtCloth Scarves

If you like any of my artworks in the above links, please email me at - Marie-Therese - for pricing and for any other enquiries.


Introduction
In the history of the world, there have been numerous examples where one person has changed the world’s religious, political, socio-economic, and humanistic direction. From Buddha (563 to 480 BC – ca. 483 BC) to Jesus (ca. 6 BC – 33 AD) to Joan of Arc (1412 AD – 1431 AD) to Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 AD – 1821 AD) to Nelson Mandela (1918 AD - 2013 AD) to Martin Luther King Jr. (1918 AD – 2013 AD) and to Vincent Lingiari (1908 AD – 1983 AD) – just to name few!

Their determination to create a singularity in the present that separates the past from the future, epitomizes the full force of the ‘Power of One.’ Whether their quest was ethical, moral, or noble are for historians to judge. However, their impact is unarguable.


My Art Cloth Print – The Power of One

Concept
The background and mid-ground fields of my ArtCloth print represent deconstructed imagery and scripts from past eras showing the diverse thinking among the masses, thereby creating a chaos of diverse thought and opinions. Blocks of text have been embedded within the print to represent a subconscious view of brick walls, purposely built to hold back thought and imagination.

However, amongst all this chaos, in the mid-right of the work stands a silhouette of a lone person printed in a walnut color, sex not identified, standing fearless with arms spread out and the left leg pushed back with the right leg holding firm, thereby representing the ‘Power of One’ person’s determination to create a singularity in the present that separates the past from the future. The surface layer of the print highlights text printed in walnut reflecting the voice of the ‘Power of One’ – embracing a new humanistic direction above the chaos behind the silhouette.

Technique
Hand painted, drawings, silk screened, interfacing screens, stencilled and color washed employing pencils, inks, glazes, transparent, opaque, and metallic pigments on calico cotton drop cloth.

Size
58 cm high x 33 cm wide.


The Power of One
The Power of One (Full View).

The Power of One (Detail View 1).

The Power of One (Detail View 2).

The Power of One (Detail View 3).

The Power of One (Detail View 4).

No comments: